Addiction treatment looks different for each patient. As an aspect of our varied treatment options, The Counseling Center provides Medication-assisted treatment (MAT) for Roxbury area individuals. This beneficial method helps numerous people deal with withdrawal symptoms and suppress cravings that urge them to use again. Under the supervision of our skilled clinicians, you can get medication treatment to help you move forward in your recovery and aid you in reaching your end goal of lasting sobriety.
How Can Medication-assisted Treatment Help?
Medication-assisted treatment involves FDA-approved medications to diminish the symptoms and cravings of substance addiction. We understand that cravings and withdrawal are rough and make it difficult to prevail over addiction.
We battle those impulses with medications like Vivitrol and Suboxone. Our licensed medical staff will work with you to determine your appropriate medication and dosage. As you undergo MAT in Roxbury, we follow how you do with the medication to ensure you suffer no detrimental side effects and continue receiving the treatment on the proper timeline.
Medication-assisted treatment is most successful when incorporated with licensed therapy, peer support, and healthy sober practices. The Counseling Center near Roxbury is glad to provide this complete level of support. We unite medical and mental health care to address the “whole you” and fight substance addiction from all angles to give you a better opportunity for recovery.
MAT With Suboxone And Vivitrol
The Counseling Center utilizes prescription drugs like Suboxone and Vivitrol to stave off urges and relapse during alcohol or drug use recovery. Here’s why we trust these medicines for MAT near Roxbury.
- Daily medication ingested orally for opioid addiction
- Inhibits brain receptors to halt cravings
- Acceptable to take for longer periods of time under licensed Medical supervision
- Low possibility of addiction
- Once a month injection for opioid and alcohol addition
- Inhibits the brain from experiencing the endorphin rush from alcohol or drug use
- Acceptable for longer duration use under authorized medical supervision
- No risk of addiction
Why We Offer MAT In Roxbury
Offering Medication-assisted treatment near Roxbury is one example of how The Counseling Center stresses the importance of personalized support. For many patients, mitigating cravings caused by addiction supplies them an extra leg up in recovery, and we are driven to find solutions that foster a life of sobriety.
MAT offers many potential advantages for substance use recovery:
- Eases withdrawal
- Ends cravings
- Helps prevent relapse and overdose
- Gives you the chance to refocus on recovery
- Supplies a higher likelihood of enduring recovery
- Provides a treatment that integrates easily into your everyday life